Wisconsin Geospatial Jobs - Archived Positions
Winnebago County - Oshkosh, WI
|Type: ||Full Time|
|Deadline to apply:||
|Payrate: ||$19.52 - $26.85 per hour|
- Manage the department GIS and database applications in support of all soil and water resource management programs and other related activities.
- Creates and updates layers of GIS data specific to department applications using Esri GIS software
- Designs and builds database files, linking individual map features to layer specific database tables.
- Incorporates data into the GIS from a variety of sources including landowner files, GPS, digitial orthophotographic interpretation, Auto CAD Civil 3D designs, and from other GIS software platforms and cooperating agencies.
- Performs overlay analysis, vector to raster conversion, raster analysis, and data format conversion.
- Creates and develops customized GUIs for use by departmental staff in working with specific applications and functions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- B.S. or Associate degree in geography, information systems, or related field with 3 years experience operating a GIS in a natural resource environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clientele and co-workers.
- Ability to develop and manage a GIS and related databases, transferring and receiving GIS data from a variety of sources and formats.
- Basic knowledge of cartographic skills required for producing professional mapping products.
- Ability to interpret aerial photography, aerial slides, soils maps, USGS quadrangles, and other related data.
|For more information: ||Job Announcement [PDF]|
<< Back to archived jobs list