Wisconsin Geospatial Jobs - Archived Positions
Water Quality Database Manager
Department of Natural Resources - Madison, WI
|Type: ||Full Time|
|Deadline to apply:||
|Payrate: ||$45,990 - $66,816|
- Responsible for providing comprehensive oversight and management of assigned information technology (IT) issues related to Water Quality Planning activities associated with both the Water Quality and Watershed Bureaus.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for the program managers and staff regarding Water Quality Planning Program issues involving monitoring and work planning datasets.
- Provide support for program accountability and data integration elements involving shared IT tools affecting multiple programs in diverse bureaus and offices.
- Ensure that IT systems and data delivery tools consistently provide high quality standards; that information is conveyed to management and the public in timely, relevant formats through online reports, graphical displays and information using dynamic web pages where possible, and through opportunities for IT system training, IT updates, and support for shared tools.
- Significant collaboration and teamwork with other Department staff as well as members of IT project teams for the System for Wastewater Applications, Monitoring and Permits (SWAMP), the Surface Water Integrated Monitoring System (SWIMS), the Water Tracking and Electronic Reporting System (WATERS), the Dam Safety (Dams) and Floodplain Systems (FAD), and Runoff Management (STORM) and Waterways Protection systems as deemed necessary and appropriate.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Database management
- Detailed knowledge of GIS database technology and products.
- GIS, ArcGIS/ArcMap, ArcCatalog, and ArcIMS programs
- Knowledge of project planning and implementation
- Experience in IT project management
- Ability to work in groups and teams
- Effective Communication
|For more information: ||Job Description|
<< Back to archived jobs list