This individual will perform a variety of tasks relating to the analysis, design, development, and deployment of GIS solutions for utility companies. These tasks will include system related activities and will also involve detailed GIS data analysis, review and enhancement responsibilities. Certain assignments will include working directly with utility customers and may involve periodic travel opportunities. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Working with utility customers to analyze and document requirements associated with implementation, replacement, or enhancement of systems and/or processes.
- Working independently and in collaboration with company and customer peers in the development of design specifications for systems and associated processes.
- Developing and analyzing logical and physical data models.
- Analyzing utility maps, sketches and tabular data to complete placement or update of utility graphics and database attribution.
- Supporting sales activities including participating in sales calls, proposal development, and customer interviews and presentations.
- Supporting solutions development and delivery.
- Working with peers to develop strategies to support the organization’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of utility GIS functionality and its integration with utility business processes, solid written and verbal communications skills, creativity and problem solving skills, as well as leadership capabilities. Additional requirements are:
- At least two years experience in the design, implementation, or deployment of GIS solutions. Experience in the integration of GIS with other systems is a plus.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS, Telvent ArcFM and other industry-leading utility applications as well as commercial database environments such as Oracle or SQL Server.
- Process analysis and design experience.
- Data modeling experience.
- BS in GIS, engineering, computer science, or a relevant business discipline. Job experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid desktop applications use capabilities.
- Ability to travel. Travel requirements will vary, but may reach 50% if required to support specific customer needs.
- Technical / development experience with ESRI ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcObjects and /or ArcIMS, development experience with Visual .NET (VB, C++), web development experience with HTML, ASP.NET, IIS, etc. or data interchange experience with XML, all a plus