Wisconsin Geospatial Jobs - Archived Positions
Wind Lake Solutions - Mukwonago, WI
|Type: ||Full Time|
|Deadline to apply:||
Open (no deadline given by employer)|
This individual will perform a variety of tasks relating to the analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of SPANS. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Play a key role in working with management in the design and development of new functionality and enhancements of WLS’ SPANS product.
- Design, implement and maintain SPANS MS SQL Server database functionality.
- Maintain and enhance SPANS web-based UI environment, adding new pages and functionality as required.
- Assume responsibility for quality control, auditing and security of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of resources and data.
- Participate in release engineering and support for new SPANS releases.
- Design and development of SPANS/Customer System interface/integration processes and software.
- Analysis and enhancement of overall SPANS system architecture to improve the efficiency of implementing customer-specific functionality.
The ideal candidate will have work experience/knowledge designing and developing databases and end user applications utilizing Microsoft ASP.NET and SQL Server with strong creativity, knowledge of web site design and good design techniques. Additional requirements are:
- MS SQL Server database administration experience
- Knowledge deploying and maintaining IIS websites including SSL
- SQL Server (Stored Procedures, PL/SQL) experience
- Strong knowledge of XML
- Working knowledge of AJAX and Web Services
- Bing maps and/or Google maps experience, a plus
- Knowledge developing end-user applications with Visual Basic and C#, a plus
- .NET Entity Framework/LINQ experience, a plus
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming techniques
- BS in computer science (or related field with computer emphasis). Relevant job experience will also be considered in lieu of a degree
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Solid desktop applications use capabilities.
- Experience with ArcGIS, ArcFM and other industry-leading utility GIS applications, a plus.
|For more information: ||Job Description [PDF]|
<< Back to archived jobs list