Wisconsin Geospatial Jobs - Archived Positions
J.M. Waller Associates - Fort McCoy, WI
|Type: ||Full Time|
|Deadline to apply:||
Open (no deadline given by employer)|
- Provide computer aided design (CAD) updates and oversight to the Project Engineers.
- Provide daily CAD support to Project Engineers for project updates, record drawing archiving, and updates to affected archived drawings.
- Work closely with Project Engineers, users and designers to develop designs and construction drawing sets of varying complexity to support locally funded Sustainment, Restoration and Modernization (SRM) projects and municipal/utility support contracts.
- Coordinate draft designs with appropriate agencies to include to de-conflict installation and operational issues.
- Cross-check draft design drawings with existing red-line and record drawing data to ensure designs reflect current and accurate, record information.
- Coordinate draft designs with functional engineering/operations experts to ensure complete and comprehensive designs are produced and work-space is de-conflicted. Ensure construction drawings and designs are sensible and constructable.
- Review and update existing drawings; updating utilities, facilities and base infrastructure items. Coordinate facility assignments and use/classification information with Real Property Manager to ensure accuracy of drawings and capitalization records.
- Cross-check construction as-built drawings and redline drawings and building record drawings to ensure all databases and drawings are correct.
- File construction records, record drawings and other project information in accordance with 88thRSC document standards for future access. This includes keeping accurate record drawing and construction file inventories.
- Update facility drawings and calculate user assigned space.
- Check completed models and drawings for clarity completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Establish and manage electronic and paper drawing archives.
- Convert CAD data for use in Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Create and update facility maps and digital databases using GIS software.
- Perform simple spatial analysis using ArcGIS software.
- Provide technical GIS assistance to Project Engineers on a variety of projects.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies in GIS.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelors' Degree or at least 5years practical experience in construction drafting with a computer aided design program.
- Broad knowledge of Engineering, Construction and the requirements associated with constructing projects.
- Able to operate a computer, prepare documentation using Microsoft Word processing, Excel and Power Point, and utilize standard plotters and large format scanners.
- Experience using ArcGIS 9.3 Suite of software (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcGIS Server.
|For more information: ||Job Description|
<< Back to archived jobs list