The Association of State Floodplain Managers (ASFPM) seeks an experienced Project Manager. ASFPM is a national non-profit organization that supports flood policy based on science. ASFPM projects involve research, flood data analysis, policy analysis, flood risk mapping, and web data sharing to improve understanding of flood risk and the natural and beneficial functions of floodplains. This position requires management and coordination of technical projects, other technical staff and volunteers, as well as assuring the providing of technical support to communities, states, federal agencies, and members of the Association.
OUTCOMES OF POSITION:
- Ensure completion of high quality projects on time and on budget,
- Use flood-related data in technical projects to improve understanding of flood risk, and
- Outreach with related organizations to foster relationships and coordinate mutual activities.
- Develop, manage, coordinate, and conduct technical projects that include, but are not limited to, data collection, analysis, research, and reporting through traditional and web-based communication channels;
- Provide science-based research and analysis services to communities, states, and other organizations related to flood risk reduction and enhanced natural and beneficial floodplain functions;
- Produce plans and proposals for corporate, government, and foundation prospects and write grants to under-take policy and program research, projects, publications, and/or education;
- Design and implement the Association and Foundation outreach efforts.
- 2-4 years of direct experience in project management, preferably in the fields of floodplain management, natural resource management, water resource management, environmental engineering, planning, emergency management, or physical geography;
- Proficiency in technical and grant writing and editing outreach/promotional materials with size/type organization similar to ASFPM;
- Strong communication and organizational skills, including the ability to work with, coordinate, and manage other technical staff and volunteers;
- Understanding and support of the mission and goals of ASFPM;
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office, project management, graphics, and publication programs;
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in engineering, natural resources, planning, GIS, or related field;
- Strong preference will be given to Certified Floodplain Managers (CFM).
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Should possess/demonstrate competency within one or more of the following areas:
- land use and mitigation planning;
- ecosystem services and valuation;
- socio-economics and social vulnerability; benefit-cost analysis;
- statistical modelling and concepts;
- floodplain management / flood risk assessment or flood hazard mitigation;
- website content development concepts including social media.
- Project Management Professional certification would also be useful for this position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit response to Kevin Currie at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1, 2012. References will be requested for the top 2-5 applicants. Successful completion of a background check is required for this position. Please include the following in your response:
- Cover letter outlining your specific credentials and why you are the appropriate person for this job.
- Resume detailing your experience and qualifications