Wisconsin Geospatial Jobs - Archived Positions
WI Coastal Atlas Graduate Student Project Assistant
University of Wisconsin-Madison - Madison, WI
|Deadline to apply:||
|Payrate: ||$1,440.58/ monthly + benefits|
- Apply geospatial technologies to coastal management issues on the Great Lakes
- Assist with development of the Wisconsin Coastal Atlas (http://wicoastalatlas.net/).
- Incorporate satellite imagery, observations, and models into the atlas catalog.
- Develop decision-support tools to communicate water quality trends and improve water sports safety.
- The candidate must be enrolled as a graduate student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison for the Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 semesters.
- Courses and/or work experience in geographic information science, remote sensing, cartography, computer science, environmental studies, and/or coastal and marine science.
- Experience with GIS and remote sensing software and methods.
- Willingness to learn about and apply Open Geospatial Consortium standards and protocols that support interoperability of geospatial data (WMS, WFS, WCS).
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate effectively with professional staff.
- Self-directed, energetic, and organized work habits.
- 50% time graduate project assistant position expected to begin September 2012 and extend through the spring semester.
- Position includes tuition remission, health insurance, and other fringe benefits.
- The appointment includes a four-month probationary period. Successful completion of this probationary period is dependent upon job performance.
- Any appointment beyond May 2013 is dependent upon job performance and new or continued project funding.
How to Apply:
Send a letter describing your qualifications, a resume, and three references by September 3rd, 2012.
These should be addressed to:
Room 1215, AOSS Building
1225 W Dayton St.
Madison, WI 53706
|For more information: ||Full Job posting|
<< Back to archived jobs list