Wind Lake Solutions, Inc., (WLS) a leading GIS data and consulting company, has an excellent full-time career opportunity for an experienced Geographic Information System (GIS) professional to work as a member of our development team in our Mukwonago, WI office. Our software development team provides design and development for our internal production staff as well as consulting and custom applications to our external customers. WLS is looking for a strong Programmer with experience in the analysis, design, development, and deployment of GIS solutions and the integration of GIS with other applications.
This individual will perform a variety of tasks relating to the design, development, testing and documentation of GIS applications for utility companies. Additional responsibilities include:
- Play a key role in working with clients and management in the development of new functionality and enhancements of existing software.
- Design, develop, test, implement and maintain GIS applications.
- Assist with formal analysis of user requirements with regard to new and existing systems and provide appropriate documentation.
- Participate in release engineering and support for GIS software applications.
- Develop / analyze logical and physical data models.
- Assist in estimating the effort and timescales of development projects.
- Periodically support sales activities including participating in sales calls, proposal development and customer presentations.
- Work with management to develop strategies to support the organization’s objectives.
- Manage user requests, provide system support and perform troubleshooting.
The ideal candidate will have work experience/knowledge developing end user applications with strong creativity and knowledge of GIS applications and functionality. Additional requirements are:
- Application development experience with XML, VB.NET, C# in a .NET environment, and SQL Server or Oracle.
- Sound technical knowledge of GIS
- At least two years development experience with ESRI’s ArcObjects and other ESRI products; experience with Telvent’s ArcFM products a plus.
- Experience with data modeling and system design methodologies.
- BS in computer science (or related field with computer emphasis). Relevant job experience will also be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Experience working with electric, gas, telecom, water and/or wastewater utilities a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time a plus.
- Prior Consulting experience a plus.