Wisconsin Geospatial Jobs - Archived Positions
City of Oshkosh - Oshkosh, WI
|Type: ||Part Time|
|Deadline to apply:||
|Payrate: ||$8.00 - $10.00/hr|
This position is responsible for assisting planning staff in carrying out the planning and development functions of the city by providing technical and customer service assistance for various projects being undertaken by the division. This position will work no more than 599 hours per year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Field work inventorying land uses and non-conformities.
- Work on sustainability planning projects.
- Assist in developing digital maps, reports, plans, and data analysis for projects being undertaken by the division.
- Zoning Ordinance and map updates.
- Compilation of research material used in preparing reports and data analysis.
- Provide customer service.
- Attendance and presentation at public meetings.
- Perform other duties as needed/assigned
Education and Experience
- Have or pursuing a degree (Bachelors or Masters) in planning, urban studies, public affairs, public administration, geographic information systems, geography, or related field.
- Experience (classroom or work) in GIS, ArcGIS and Autocad is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), database, and graphics software; Internet Explorer; Microsoft Publisher experience helpful.
- Experience in website development and maintenance.
- Possess and maintain a valid Wisconsin Drivers license.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent creativity, enthusiasm and positive attitude in the performance of duties.
- Ability to communicate in English; clearly, concisely, tactfully and courteously both orally and in writing.
|For more information: ||Job Description|
<< Back to archived jobs list