Wisconsin Geospatial Jobs - Archived Positions
Student Intern (Planning/GIS)
Brown County Planning and Land Services Department - Green Bay, WI
|Type:||Internship - paid|
|Deadline to apply:||04/29/2013|
The Brown County Planning and Land Services Department is requesting applicants for a temporary paid student intern to assist in various projects using Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping.
The position’s specifications include:
· to begin and work a total of 600 hours, not to exceed 40 hours per week (work schedule to be agreed upon with intern supervisor);
· position to be filled by an undergraduate or graduate student with a GIS/Planning or related background;
· position may be required to do research in the field which requires a valid driver’s license;
· position may be structured to qualify for college internship credits; and
· position may not extend beyond December 31, 2013.
The applicant will assist with various projects including, but not limited to, updating GIS data, assist with updating of Comprehensive Plans, and scanning documents to be used for online viewing. The applicant will need strong research skills to help gather data for these and other additional projects. An understanding of GIS data and strong cartographic skills are expected. All data collected and or changed in GIS must be done so in a format compatible with Brown County standards.
Minimum Qualifications Required
The qualified candidate will have a Planning/GIS background and have a familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, ArcView and/or ArcInfo GIS software, and with local land use issues. Also required are good communication and office skills and possession of a valid driver’s license.
|For more information:||Job posting|