Wisconsin Geospatial Jobs - Archived Positions
GIS Analyst I
Superior Water, Light & Power Company - Superior, WI
|Type: ||Full Time|
|Deadline to apply:||
- Creates, analyzes, and follows data integrity protocols for GIS data and mapping products.
- Organizes, develops, controls and defends GIS data and mapping products in support of water, gas and electric distribution through:
- Geospatial data analysis
- Geospatial application and interface design, development, modification and problem solving.
- Data extraction and manipulation
- Manages and coordinates GIS-related projects.
- Initiates and sees through to completion the analysis of workflow and interfaces to ensure optimal process utilization.
- Serves as a liaison between gas, water and electric distribution and ITS departments.
- Provides expertise in project development and processes to ensure GIS data and permitting and licensing tasks are on-track and timely data integrity protocols are followed.
- Provides user support through research and analysis of GIS processes.
- Ensures operational standards are met, data interfaces are effective and data integrity is not compromised.
- Assists in the development and implementation of training programs to ensure effective use of systems and related processes.
- Ensures that system specifications and interfaces are documented and maintained.
- Requires excellent written, interpersonal, professional, and public communication skills to establish and maintain positive professional credibility and working relationships.
- Analyzes and ensures data integrity in permitting and licensing processes before agencies, non-governmental organizations and the general public.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Cartography, a natural science or other related technical field.
- GIS Minor or certification is desirable, as well.
- This position requires three or more years of directly related work experience with increasing responsibility.
- The qualified candidate will be highly self-motivated, possess strong information technology skills and must possess proficiency in the following areas:
- Ability to apply GIS technology to delivery effective solutions for internal stakeholders and processes
- ESRI’s ArcGIS software suite desktop
- Database management systems
- Productivity tools (MS Word, Access, Excel, etc.)
- The ideal candidate will possess experience with AutoCAD.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
|For more information: ||GIS Analyst I|
<< Back to archived jobs list