As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 8000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Staff CAD/GIS Technician for either the Green Bay, WI or Milwaukee, WI office.
- Work closely with the various ground engineering disciplines in providing engineering 2D and 3D drafting and design services;
- Prepare engineering plans, profiles, sections and details, for design, tender, construction and as-constructed drawing sets; and figures for proposals, reports and presentations;
- Compile 3D surfaces representing various ground engineering features such as graded terrain, tailings depositions, haul roads, dams, open pits, quarries, landfills, channels and ponds;
- Possess a working understanding of GIS and geodetic projections systems; and
- Network with other related professionals in Golder Associates.
- 5 years (minimum) experience with AutoCAD production;
- Associates Degree from an accredited College or University (Construction Management, Applied Sciences, Graphics Art/Design, CAD/Engineering Technology, etc.), or equivalent;
- Practical knowledge in an efficient production environment of the following primary software is essential: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office. Arc GIS experience is a plus;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented;
- Good problem solver with the ability to identify alternative solutions;
- Strong sense and commitment to CAD standards and procedures;
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects/tasks and respond to the needs of several people;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure;
- Ability to travel within the US and internationally;
- Must be eligible for employment in the U.S., possess a valid driver's license, and pass a pre-employment physical including drug screen and pre-employment background check.
- Local candidates only. Relocation is not available for this position.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
No telephone calls or emails please.
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. EOE M/F/D/V
Job Segments: CAD, Engineer, Geology, Drafting, AutoCAD, Engineering
For more information, visit www.golder.com