Continental Mapping Consultants in Sun Prairie WI, a leading provider of high quality, innovative and comprehensive photogrammetric mapping, land survey, and geospatial data solutions has an immediate opening for a Proposal Manager. This is a new position in a growing company; the right applicant will have the opportunity to assist in developing and creating this vital position.
The Proposal Manager leads proposal efforts across all divisions including Defense & Intelligence (e.g., NGA prime and subcontractor pursuits), Civil Works (e.g., federal government IDIQ’s), and Transportation & Infrastructure (e.g., Departments of Transportation pre-qualifications and master contracts as well as large commercial opportunities). The position works hand-in-hand with Sales Executives who nurture the prospective organizations and source most of the opportunities, Project Managers who provide technical write-ups as well as level of effort and pricing estimates when required and administrative staff who assist in the production and shipping of a proposal.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Proactively maintain corporate documentation used in proposals including resumes, project profiles, and capability statements.
- Managing the entire proposal process through to response submittal.
- Liaison with the appropriate Sales Executive to strategize on how to approach a given solicitation, key themes to be included, method and ownership of delivery, and identification of key milestones in the proposal development process. Once defined, own the entire proposal process.
- Develop and manage the entire process for completing the solicitation including due dates, paperwork requirements, forms and all other requirements for the proposal.
- Formulate an outline, write content, produce preliminary and final drafts of the proposal and physically produce the final copy of the proposal
- Interact with all necessary staff including senior management, project managers, and technical staff, to obtain content required for a particular solicitation such as technical write-ups, level of effort estimates or pricing,
- Respond to data calls from prime contracts and manage all aspects of data calls when Continental Mapping is the prime
- Coordinate with HR and Finance to maintain records on employees and company information to support the population of forms
- Attend team meetings and general administration (e.g., CRM, time entry)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Maintain a fluency about our markets (e.g., intelligence, transportation, environmental, etc.) and the organizations to whom we sell (e.g., intelligence agencies such as NGA and DNI, federal civil agencies such as USACE, state government, and A&E firms) and the solutions which we provide (e.g., aerial imagery and lidar, mobile lidar, UAS, land and hydrographic survey, etc.)
- Strong management skills of the process including proactive communication
- Detail oriented yet constantly tied into the strategic view of the pursuit
- Good time management
- Quality writing skills. Ability to synthesize complex processes into common language that can be understood by our clients
- Participate well in a team
- Comfort level reaching out to external parties to collect/provide needed information to comprise a proposal
- Word processing skills
Experience & Education:
- Three years of job related experience. Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
To learn more about this position and/or apply, visit our website at the link included