Wisconsin Geospatial Jobs - Archived Positions
Assistant County Surveyor
La Crosse County - La Crosse, WI
|Type: ||Full Time|
|Deadline to apply:||
La Crosse County has an opportunity for an Assistant County Surveyor. This opportunity will best fit a candidate who is thoroughly experienced and trained for work in the profession of land surveying. The majority of work will be in the office, but will also include field work.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists the County Surveyor in carrying out the duties of the position as defined in Chapter 59.45 of the Wisconsin Statutes.
- Assists the County Surveyor in establishing, protecting, perpetuating and maintaining the monuments at the Section and Quarter corners of the Public Lands Survey System (PLSS).
- Assists the County Surveyor to protect, perpetuate and maintain other survey monumentation.
- Indexes, scans and files all incoming survey maps and tie sheets. Maintains and rehabilitates existing survey maps found in the County Surveyor files.
- Performs advanced calculations for all aspects of the work including closing and adjusting traverses and calculating complex GPS positioning information and data transfer.
- Assists the County Surveyor in performing surveys that define the boundaries of County real property and that establish rights-of-way on County roads.
- Assists the County Surveyor in reviewing Certified Survey Maps submitted for review.
- Assists the County Surveyor in reviewing Subdivision Plats submitted for review.
- Keeps well organized notes, records. Drafts maps and tie sheets.
- Answers the telephone, meets face-to face and responds to e-mails to assist the public and other county departments with surveying and land ownership questions.
- Acts on behalf of the County Surveyor during absences
Training, Experience and Other Requirements
- Must be licensed as a Wisconsin Professional Land Surveyor (which requires a Bachelor's Degree in a course in the practice of professional land surveying or a related field and at least 2 years of satisfactory work experience OR an Associate Degree in a course in the practice of professional land surveying or a related field and at least 4 years of satisfactory work experience) OR be in the process of acquiring said licensure.
- Preference for three or more years of land surveying experience.
- Preference for experience in reestablishment, maintenance and perpetuation of Public Lands Survey System (PLSS) corners.
- Must hold a valid Wisconsin driver's license and have access to transportation for county-wide travel.
Apply online at link included
|For more information: ||Government Jobs Online Posting|
<< Back to archived jobs list