Wisconsin Geospatial Jobs - Archived Positions
Senior GIS Developer
City of Milwaukee - Milwaukee, WI
|Type: ||Full Time|
|Deadline to apply:||
|Payrate: ||$58,462 -$81,844/yr|
As part of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) team, the GIS Developer – Senior serves as the main resource for MapMilwaukee development and support.
- Administer and maintain an Enterprise ArcGIS Server environment by ensuring that the server is running properly and by working with the software vendor to ensure functionality and implementation of upgrades.
- Write scripts or develop models to automate tasks such as building datasets or publishing data; bring data into the GIS system, using PYTHON scripting.
- Develop applications and services for the ArcGIS Server environment and ArcGIS online, using software such as GeoCortex and ESRI App Builder.
- Assist City departments with the implementation of ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Server applications and projects.
- Maintain Map Milwaukee, including troubleshooting problems, assisting users and responding to questions and requests for reports.
- Provide training and user support to City employees and citizens on Map Milwaukee to optimize efficiencies and to meet users’ needs for related data and information.
- Work closely with customers, follow up on issues and concerns and ensure customers are informed regarding upgrades and changes; ensure management is informed regarding time, activities, status and provide reports and presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a closely related field, including coursework in programming, geography, land engineering, automated mapping and/or GIS.
- Two years of professional-level experience working in a GIS developer role, including the use of ESRI, Oracle software and PYTHON scripting.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver's License at the time of appointment and throughout employment. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may also be considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of automated mapping/GIS principles and practices
- Knowledge of GIS theory and application
- Ability to write complex algorithms related to GIS
- Ability to perform a variety of difficult mapping/data assignments
- Ability to provide user support and to explain technical concepts in terms that users can apply
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues to ensure consistent functionality
How to Apply
Applications can be accessed by visiting www.jobaps.com/MIL.
|For more information: ||City of Milwaukee Job Posting|
<< Back to archived jobs list