This position is part of a team that supports the enterprise GIS operations and analysis. Under supervision of the Lead Geospatial Data Scientist, the Geospatial Data Scientist is responsible for the creation, analysis, and maintenance of various spatial databases and applications with the use of the ArcGIS suite of desktop products and extensions and on-line mapping tools. The Lead GIS Analyst will also compile and publish web and maps, craft workflows/methodologies for analysis or data creation, and build geo-processing operations using Python and ModelBuilder. The candidate should also have experience in statistical analysis, developing metrics, producing reports and graphics. The candidate will assist in efforts to evaluate, extract, scrub/prep, analyze and visualize spatial and non-spatial data for business intelligence purposes and program performance measurement by various stakeholders. Some project supervision and employee oversight is included among the responsibilities of this position.
- Develop and maintain geospatial datasets including those stored in relational databases.
- Create and maintain process automation related to data maintenance.
- Complete documentation of datasets and processes.
- Coordination of some short- and long-term enterprise GIS projects
- Provide geospatial support to internal and external teams with data development, data scrubbing and analysis, on-line and hardcopy map creation, setup of ETL processes, training, and setup of field data collection apps.
- Create and maintain of web map applications published via ArcGIS On-Line Query, analyze and prepare statistics on spatial and non-spatial data within relational databases.
- Prepare and execute workflows and geoprocessing models using Python.
- Prepare and execute workflows and geoprocessing models using ArcGIS ModelBuilder
- Prepare and execute queries in spatial and non-spatial databases using SQL.
- Interact with outside contractors assigned to a specific project.
- Occasionally conduct presentations on enterprise specific topics at meetings and conferences.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and/or training sessions related to mapping software, tools or procedures to internal and external audience on as needed basis.
- Provide oversight of subordinate, intern and Co-op employees.
- Proficiency in statistical methods and analysis including correlation and regression.
- Proficiency in database management: create, edit, update, join, append and query data from spatial and non-spatial relational databases.
- Experience with data visualization and graphics tools for the creation of professional presentations reports, web content, or education materials.
- Proficiency in authoring Python scripts for automation of routines and geoprocesses.
- Advanced-level proficiency using ESRI ArcGIS 10.x software suite.
- Intermediate to advanced-level proficiency with ArcGIS extensions Model Builder, Spatial Analyst, Geostatistical Analyst, and Network Analyst.
- Spatial data creation, editing and maintenance proficiency in ESRI ArcSDE 10.x.
- Cartographic design experience for web and hardcopy maps.
- Advanced-level proficiency using Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Suite (Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in project planning and time management (setting and meeting goals, using calendars, etc).
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships and collaborations while being able to work independently and take initiative.
- Genuinely excited and enthusiastic about learning and pushing technical limits when finding new solutions.
- Experience with ArcGIS Online to assist with implementing dashboards, open data tools and Collector for ArcGIS Versioned and distributed editing, replication and in ArcGIS SDE environment.
- Previous experience building ETL processes using scripting languages or Safe Software's FME.
- Experience with non-Esri software to generate on-line and hardcopy map and data products.
- Experience providing training, presentations or seminars.
- VB .NET to customize ArcGIS projects, automate mapping and data maintenance tasks, and develop useful applications.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university which has included major course work in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Geography, Urban Planning, Public Health, Natural Resources (analytical/GIS focus), Statistics, Information or Computer Science, or Civil Engineering.
Apply online at link included