Under the supervision and general direction of the Engineering Division Manager and/or Senior Civil Engineer, this position assists in the implementation of projects related to the collection, maintenance and analysis of the village’s GIS data, including field data collection.
Position is part time, typically based on an 18 hour work week.
- Assists Engineering Services Division in new or ongoing GIS projects as directed by the Engineering Division Manager and/or Senior Civil Engineer.
- Manages the research and implementation of various infrastructure studies directed by the Engineering Division Manager and/or Senior Civil Engineer, including, but not limited to, evaluating the condition of village utilities, such as storm sewers, to determine their conditions and remedial action plan necessary to correct any deficiencies discovered.
- Assists in providing public relations services for various capital improvement projects.
- Completes assignments related to GIS including creating, editings, and updating features in geodatabases and creation of map exhibits for various divisions within Engineering & Public Works.
- Assists in data collection and updates utilizing Trimble GPS devices and iPads through ArcGIS Online. Scans and files maps, plats, legal documents, and engineering plans.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or graduate program in GIS, Geography, Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with ArcGIS including an understanding of the editor toolbar in ArcMap, Global Positioning Systems (GPS), and relational databases.
- Candidates should be detail oriented, self-motivated, and possess superior organization and writing skills.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and have transportation to and from inspection sites.
- Proficient with current computer software systems, including email, calendar programs, job specific software, and customer service systems preferred or prior to completion of the trial period.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen.
Apply online at link included