RAMTeCH Software Solutions is a global GIS consulting, data management, and software solutions company specializing in the utility and telecommunications industries, and government. We are seeking a Senior GIS Consultant to work either in our Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota office or remotely. Primary responsibilities of this position include supporting clients with the development of strategic GIS roadmaps, definition of GIS related business and technical needs, implementations, and systems integration, management of projects/programs utilizing the Esri’s ArcGIS Portal and Platform solutions. Work in a team environment with project managers, consultants, developers, and clients to provide analysis, design, implementation related support for implementations, integrations, and related geospatial and mobile projects.
- Experience managing/performing projects in one or more of the following areas: enterprise GIS strategic and tactical planning, including needs assessments, business process analysis, strategic planning, architecture design, systems implementation planning, testing, installation, and deployment
- Experience with database analysis and design, and data assessment and integration of large data sets
- Prepare project analysis, design, functional specification documentation
- Thorough understanding of current capabilities and trends in GIS technology, including the full range of Esri’s Portal and Platform solutions
- Experience with ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Portal, FME, Oracle or SQL Server, Web Services (i.e., REST, SOAP), and custom application code development (C# and .NET)
- Knowledge of utility applications e.g. ERP, WMS, OMS, DMS, etc.
- Experience with electric, gas, and/or water utility business and operations,
- Experience with gas operations and gas GIS experience a plus
- Facilitate workshops and training sessions, and prepare reports and presentations
- Experience in business and financial analysis, project management, and cost estimating and resource allocation
- Knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology, and IT Infrastructure Library®), including change management, software/systems development life cycle for application development, IT Service Management (ITSM), and IT governance
- Experience with customer relationship building, written and verbal communication skills and excellent listening skills for individual interactions and in group settings
Experience and Education Required:
- Minimum of 10 - 15 years’ post-secondary experience in software/systems development preferably in the utility industry.
- Education: Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, GIS, cartography/geography, engineering, or a related field.
Additional Job Details:
- Certification: PMP and/or GISP Preferred
- Travel: Between 25% and 35%
- Work Authorization: US Citizen
How to Apply:
Our growing team awaits the addition of your technical knowledge and strong skills. For confidential consideration, qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the below.
Human Resources Department
RAMTeCH Software Solutions
6303 Osgood Avenue North
Stillwater, MN 55082