Wisconsin Geospatial Jobs - Current Positions
GIS Support Specialist
UW - Madison, Dept of Forest & Wildlife Ecology - Madison, WI
|Type: ||Full Time|
|Deadline to apply:||
The incumbent is supervised by a faculty member in the Department of Forest and Wildlife Ecology with whom the individual will work to provide overall coordination and direction of research activities and analytical support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop spatial and non-spatial databases and metadata for wildlife telemetry and related data and write metadata for those data using Forest Service research data publishing protocols and software. (30% )
- Create Story Maps supporting a variety of Forest Service research projects, working with diverse research and communications teams across Forest Service Research & Development. (30%)
- Provide curatorial expertise for maintaining usability of GIS-based research data sets published in the Forest Service Research Data Archive.(30%)
- Other duties as assigned. (10%)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Knowledge of GIS and spatial analysis related to forest and grassland ecosystems is required. Expertise in ArcGIS is required, with experience creating ESRI Story Maps.
- Knowledge of research data publishing standards, including experience in producing metadata fully compliant with the Content Standard for Digital Geospatial Metadata Biological Data Profile standard, is required, with at least 2 years of experience.
- Knowledge of web-based content creation and management is preferred.
- Strong communication skills are preferred.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently is preferred.
- Good organizational skills are preferred.
Apply online at link included
|For more information: ||UW Jobs Posting|
<< Back to jobs list