Wisconsin Geospatial Jobs - Current Positions
UW - Madison, Dept of Forest & Wildlife Ecology - Madison, WI
|Type: ||Full Time|
|Deadline to apply:||
The incumbent is supervised by a faculty member in the Department of Forest and Wildlife Ecology with whom the individual will work to provide overall coordination and direction of research activities and analytical support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop spatial and non-spatial databases for social science research conducted by a diverse team of researchers on forest and grassland ecosystems.
- Create and review metadata for a broad range of scientific studies on forest and grassland ecosystems as part of the US Forest Service's research data publishing protocol.
- Assist in producing material for the US Forest Service data publishing web site using a web content management system
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- BS or MS in wildlife ecology, environmental studies, or other natural resources-related field. MS is preferred.
- Knowledge of research related to forest and grassland ecosystems is required.
- Knowledge of research data publishing standards, including experience in producing metadata to the Content Standard for Digital Geospatial Metadata Biological Data Profile standard, is required, with at least 2 years of experience.
- Knowledge of web-based content creation and management is required.
- Familiarity with GIS is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Drupal web content management system is preferred.
- Strong communication skills are preferred.
- Ability to work independently and exhibit good organizational skills is preferred.
Apply online at link included
|For more information: ||UW Jobs Posting|
<< Back to jobs list