To assist the Landscape Department sales/design staff in preparing site base maps for design/build landscape projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform and record site measurements; Structures, Buildings, Walkways, Walls, Landscape Features, Plantings, Property Lines, Etc.
- Collect job site information; Grade Shots, Digital Photographs, Identify Basic Plant Material typically grown within the Wisconsin region.
- Creation and Layout of base maps utilizing AutoCAD drafting standards.
- Assist with field layout and plant staking.
- Complete other tasks such as delivery and pick-up of plans, etc.
- Compile measurement information into job packets.
- Attend client meetings, as needed.
- Assist in training of new staff members.
- Make recommendations to improve processes.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor/manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must demonstrate and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to effectively communicate and interact, in a positive manner, with all Company personnel and external customers is also required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Ability to manage and schedule workload within project timetables.
- Ability to Hand Sketch & Hand Draft.
- Ability to work alone while staying on task.
- Ability to draw site lay-out plans.
- Ability to read plans & work in different measurements scales.
- Ability to use internet to research sites (i.e. Google Earth, Maps, Etc.)
- Ability to read site maps.
- Ability to shoot grades with transit.
- Self Starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record is required.
- Microsoft Windows software experience required.
- Experience in Excel is preferred.
- Experience with digital photography.
- Experience in AutoCAD is required.
- Basic plant knowledge preferred (Annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees typically grown within the Wisconsin region).
- Must be fluent in English.
Other Job Details
Temporary Position (24-40 hours) for 28 weeks.
Apply online using link included