Job Description & Duties:
Zurich is currently looking for a Data Visualization Developer to work out of our North American head-quarters in Schaumburg, Illinois. This is your opportunity to join a new Team tasked to drive data-driven decisions at ZNA. Specifically, the Data Visualization Developer will be responsible for creation of dashboards using developed predictive models based on the needs of Technical Underwriting. The Data Visualization Developer will:
- Develop interactive data visualizations including but not limited to dashboards of predictive models and risk insights for the needs of Technical Underwriting.
- Be able to communicate the results of an analysis for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work independently with project teams and stakeholders to define business needs and requirements.
- Deliver business impact through creation of “fit for purpose” solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Software Programming Applications area or computer science, software engineering, statistics, economics, or mathematics, or demonstrated experience in data journalism, visual design, computer science
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Software Programming Applications area
- Experience assisting with design, coding benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs
- Experience working with multiple phases of software systems programming applications
- Insurance Industry Experience
- Self-guided, motivated and result driven individual
- Experience with libraries and frameworks such as JQuery, React, D3, or Leaflet
- Interest in statistical modeling and concepts
- Knowledge of a scripting language for scientific computing such as Python or R and familiarity with the plotting libraries in the respective languages (for example, matplotlib, bokeh, plot.ly, ggplot2, shiny)
- Experience with data extraction and preparation (e.g. writing SQL , aggregating, cleansing and summarizing data)
- Familiarity with geospatial file types such as SHP, KML, or geojson
Apply via the link included