Wisconsin Geospatial Jobs - Current Positions
Brown County Planning & Land Services Dept - Green Bay, WI
|Type: ||Internship - paid|
|Deadline to apply:||
|Payrate: ||$7.75 - $10.00/hr|
The Brown County Planning and Land Services Department is seeking applicants for a limited term/temporary paid student internship, assisting with various planning and Geographic Information System (GIS) projects.
The position will work 40 hours per week, not to exceed a total of 460 total work hours (work schedule to be agreed upon with intern supervisor). Position may not extend beyond December 31, 2017.
- The applicant will be assigned various planning projects including assisting with the updating of comprehensive plans, creating maps using ESRI products such as: ArcMap, ArcCatalog, and other ESRI products, developing online maps and mapping applications using ArcGIS online, zoning projects, and other projects as applicable.
- The applicant will need strong research skills to gather data in addition to the ability to communicate effectively through oral and written mediums.
- A basic understanding of planning, GIS and cartography are expected.
- The qualified candidate will have a Planning/GIS background and have a familiarity with Microsoft Office products, GIS software, and with local land use topics. Also required are good communication and office skills and possession of a valid drivers license.
- Position to be filled by an undergraduate or graduate student with a Planning/GIS or related background.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Position may be required to do research in the field, which requires a valid driver's license.
- Position may be structured to qualify for college internship credits.
Apply online using the link included
|For more information: ||Government Jobs Online Posting|
<< Back to jobs list