Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District
The Metrogro program is seeking an intern to clean-up data within the biosolids land application program, in an effort to further the district’s ability to complete field by field analysis of application sites. Clean up includes matching paper records with electronic records, merging fields, and removing fields no longer utilized under the district’s permit.
Hours are flexible and are expected to vary throughout the year depending on availability for the intern. The hours will range from 10-15 hours/week during the school year and up to 40 hours/week during the summer.
- Cross check Metrogro paper records, Metrogro database records, and DNR approved site list to ensure consistency
- Cleaning up GIS farm and field boundaries based on paper and database verification
- Identify fields to be merged and fields to be removed from the permit
- Assist the Resource Recovery Manager in initiating required WI-DNR paperwork to complete identified field changes
- Complete site soil investigations as needed
- Background in soils, agriculture, environmental sciences, or related field
- Basic GIS skills, specifically ESRI ArcMap
- Attention to detail
- The ability to read and interpret paper maps
- Ability to work independently
- Valid driver’s license
How to Apply
Applicants should apply online on the District’s website, www.madsewer.org/careers by April 1st.