How to add your data
Adding data to Survey Control Finder is easy: simply provide, at minimum:
- Point ID
- Point Type
- Coordinates & Date
- Coordinate Class/Accuracy
- Orthometric Heights (if available)
- Other attributes from Data Dictionary below (if possible)
Email your dataset, preferred formats are GeoDatabase or an ArcGIS shapefile (.shp), to Brenda Hemstead at firstname.lastname@example.org or call with questions at 608/263-4371
Point ID: unique point ID
Category: type of dataset (PLSS, Geodetic Control, etc.)
Point Type: section corner, meander, water tower, benchmark etc.
Monument Type & Date: the material or composition (alum cap or marker) and date/year the monument was set/reset
Coordinates & Date:
- Easting & Northing Coordinates: county coordinates or state plane coordinates along with the reference datum.
- Geographic Longitude & Latitude Coordinates: latitudes are referenced as positive north and negative south; longitudes are referenced as positive east and negative west along with the reference datum
- Coordinate System: WCCS, WISCRS, SPC, etc.
- Date: mm/dd/yyyy (if available) of the coordinates
Coordinate Class/Accuracy: accuracy or reliability for the horizontal coordinate position, i.e., survey grade, sub-meter, approximate, etc.
- Survey Grade: Coordinates collected under the direction of a Professional Land Surveyor, in a coordinate system allowed by 236.18(2), and obtained by means, methods and equipment capable of repeatable 2 centimeter or better precision
- Sub-meter: point precision of 1 meter or better
- Approximate: point precision within 5 meters or coordinates derived from public records or other relevant information
Orthometric Height: refers to the distance measured along the plumb line between the geoid and a point on the Earth’s surface, taken positive upward from the geoid. Include the datum (NAVD 88 or NGVD 27) and units (feet/meters).
Section/Township/Range: i.e., T25N or T3S, R5W or R15E, Section 1-36
URL: full URL path to link each record to link to their tie/data sheet
Comments: any additional information about the point, such as condition, monument type, etc.
Online Tie Sheets: full URL path to link to each record’s corresponding tie/data sheet
URL2: additional URLs to link to other related information
Dataset Metadata: URL to the metadata file
Contacts: contact information for the dataset