On Wednesday, September 23, from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m., staff members from the State Cartographer’s Office and the State Geographic Information Office will host a 60-minute live web-based broadcast. The purpose of the broadcast is to discuss activities within each office, provide updates on recent events, and answer e-mailed questions from the viewing audience. In addition, this will be the first opportunity for many viewers to learn more about new State Cartographer Howard Veregin.
The agenda includes:
- A presentation by new State Cartographer Howard Veregin
- The latest on the Wisconsin Geographic Information Coordination Council (WIGICC)
- An overview of GIO data repository services, and a in-development GIS interoperability project
- Updates on issues relevant to GIS folks around the state, along with upcoming meetings
- Q/A: ask your burning questions about topics covered during the webcast, or anything else on your mind
The broadcast can be viewed on any web-connected computer just by joining the broadcast link. This will be our third event in a series of planned broadcasts approximately every three months over the coming year. Please tune-in on September 23rd and be sure to send some questions our way during the broadcast!