This section provides information on surveying and an overview of the Public Land Survey System (PLSS) in Wisconsin. Here you can access Survey Control Finder for statewide geodetic control stations, PLSS corners, and CORS data for Wisconsin. Users can also obtain information pertaining to the WI-Height Modernization Program (HMP) which improves the density of geodetic control stations listed in the National Spatial Reference System (NSRS) with accurate orthometric heights (elevations) throughout the state. In addition, our resource links provide quick access to a variety of survey-related topics.
- Introduction & Origins of the PLSS
- Original PLSS Field Notes & Plat Maps
- Wisconsin Bearing Trees Application
- Legal & Alternate Property Descriptions
- PLSS: Curiosities & Trivia
- The Story of a Wisconsin Surveyor
- Transcript of the Northwest Ordinance (1787) Digital Versions of Original Rectangular Surveys in Wisconsin