This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Job Summary & Duties:
Humminbird Electronics is pleased to offer a 6 month paid internship. The cartography division of Humminbird, “LakeMaster” has been the pioneering leader in freshwater bathymetric surveying and processing within the recreational fishing market for over 15 years. We are interested in candidates who have a true passion for the outdoors and want to make a vital contribution to products which are used every day on the water by fishing enthusiasts.
The focus of this Internship is to perform basic geographic analysis and bathymetric map production utilizing a host of source data including GPS, sonar, and aerial imagery. Assist in the creation of new lake databases for our market area and product expansion. Additional experience will include assisting in the processing and conversion of raw data collected from on the water surveys, conversion of digital map data to formats compatible with GPS manufacturer’s specifications and formats, and with project organization and design in the GIS environment.
- Bachelor’s, Associates, or working towards a career in GIS, Geography, Environmental Science, Geology, Earth Sciences, Survey/Mapping, Wildlife and Fisheries or a related field. Work experience may be substituted.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel). Ability to develop proficiency in geographic information systems.
- Knowledge of GIS platforms such as ArcGIS, Mapinfo, Global Mapper, etc.
- Knowledge of programming/scripting languages such as Python, C+, C++, C#, html, etc. a plus, but not required.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to read and understand maps and aerial imagery.
- Ability to start ASAP.
Apply online at link included