City of Brookfield
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The Engineering Technician performs paraprofessional level work with drafting/CADD, survey, and construction inspection. The incumbent is responsible for drafting construction/engineering documents using Auto CADD; inspection of Public Works construction projects to ensure quality construction; and the collection and processing of field survey data.
- Assists with ESRI GIS updating and utilization.
- Assists with permit and diggers hotline administration.
- Organizes and updates as-builts and other records.
- Assists City Engineer with address inventory, creation, and maintenance.
- Drafts construction plans and miscellaneous drawings as required.
- Assists engineers in design layout of projects and quality takeoffs.
- Serves as a civil design technician performing civil design utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Utilizes computer office software to include Microsoft Office and Adobe.
- Competently operates survey instruments, including total station, data collector, theodolite level, and various hand tools.
- Competently gathers and displays survey data, including topological and design data.
- Performs survey work for various City departments as requested.
- Observes construction practices/techniques of contractors in public works projects.
- Maintains a daily record of all work performed, records measurements, and completes daily reports.
- Answers questions regarding location of properties, utility locations, etc. Acts as a liaison between the contractor, City staff and the general public.
- Responds or refers complaints.
- Promotes and maintains positive departmental public relations and image with customers, which include other City departments and staff, developers, contractors, engineers, property owners and the community in general.
Engineering Technician I:
- An associate degree as an Civil Engineering Technology.
- At least 2 years experience with construction plan reading, surveying, drafting, GIS and public works inspection.
- Valid State of Wisconsin Driver’s License.
Engineering Technician II:
- An associate degree in Civil Engineering Technology.
- At least 4 years experience with construction plan reading, surveying, drafting, GIS or public works inspection.
- Valid State of Wisconsin Driver’s License