Barr Engineering Co.
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The person selected for this position will work on projects involving GIS for map and figure creation, formatting and editing, data management, analysis, and quality control. Project responsibilities may include working with and interpreting aerial photos, analysis of both raster and vector data, database entries and queries, working with internet map applications, coordinating GIS work with other software applications (e.g. AutoCAD, Google Earth), and use of standard GIS extensions.
- B.S. or B.A degree in GIS, environmental science, or related field; or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3.0 grade-point average (4.0 scale)
- Knowledge of and experience with Esri’s ArcGIS 10.x Suite
- Ability and willingness to work independently or on teams, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- A flexible working style, self-motivation, and willingness to occasionally modify personal schedules to meet project commitments
- Capacity to thrive in fast-paced work situations
- Conscientiousness concerning the accuracy, appropriateness, and timeliness of results
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Acceptable driving record
- M.S. degree in GIS, geology, geography, environmental science, or related field; or equivalent experience
- Two years relevant experience working with Esri’s ArcGIS software
- Field experience working with Trimble TerraSync or ArcGIS Collector mobile data collection applications
- Experience with ArcGIS extensions (Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, etc.) and Model Builder
- Experience working with Esri’s ArcGIS Online
- Experience with GeoDatabases (including ArcSDE)
Apply online at link included