This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Performs intermediate skilled technical work enforcing the County’s land use regulations including zoning, shore land, solid waste, and SSTS ordinances, maintaining the County’s GIS system, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Land and Resources Manager.
- Performs daily administration of County Septic Systems Ordinance, including: septic system design review, installation inspections, issuing permits and compliance reports, and maintaining records.
- Investigates complaints and ensures enforcement of County ordinances.
- Reviews building site permit applications and evaluates construction and land alterations for ordinance compliance. Assists with maintenance of the County GIS and database.
- Assists with Solid Waste program implementation: recycling, household hazardous waste, and canister transfer stations(s).
- Assists County Aquatic Invasive Species Program and Noxious Weed Program as needed.
- Assists with the Board of Adjustment and Planning Commission, as needed, and attends meetings as directed.
- Reviews petitions for environmental assessment worksheets and/or environmental impact statements.
- Monitors grant-funded programs and prepares necessary state reports to receive grants and funds for programs as needed.
Associates/Technical degree with coursework in Natural Science Technology, or related field and moderate experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidates wishing to be considered for this position must submit a completed application to Pine County Human Resources no later than 4:30 PM on January 29, 2018. Contact the Pine County Administrator’s Office for an application or download from the website www.co.pine.mn.us.