Minnesota IT Services
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
As a GIS Data and System Administrator, you will develop and administer enterprise level Geographic Information System (GIS) databases, web based and mobile enabled applications, web services, systems and products for MnGeo and its customers. This position is responsible for maintaining a functional library of enterprise GIS processes, services and databases, as well as maintaining and administering enterprise software such as ArcGis Server and ArcGIS Online. The position provides mid- level problem solving support to supervisors, architects, and developers that work with enterprise systems. You will also create documentation related to GIS server administration, maintenance, and procedures.
Database Development and Administration
- Design, build and administer enterprise level GIS databases that support customer business processes
Geospatial System Administration
- Program and administer services utilizing Server GIS software, including ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, MapServer, ArcSDE, PostGIS, and other technologies in order to meet customer goals
- Participate in both internal and external GIS information management committees, workgroups, and meetings in order to guide statewide GIS usage, applications, and data architecture decisions
Candidates must clearly demonstrate all of the following qualifications in their resume:
- Position requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience in the development and delivery of Geographic Information Systems
- GIS experience that includes modeling, requirements gathering application development, and analysis techniques
- Experience with Esri products and other GIS software
- Database design and management approaches in systems such as PostgreSQL, Oracle or SQL Server
- Programming and scripting in one or more languages for automation, QA/QC, replication, backup and recovery
- Experience in web services and application development, deployment and administration including web application server administration
- A Master’s degree in Information Technology or a related field substitutes for three years of experience, related Bachelor’s degree substitutes for two years, or related Associate’s substitutes for one year.
- Knowledge of concepts of cartography, including map design, coordinate systems, projections, scale, map classification schemes and resolution of raster and vector GIS software such as ArcGIS, PostGIS, and QGIS, geographic data sources, geo-referencing approaches, and complex GIS data structures
- Understanding of server operation systems such as Windows Server 2012 and RedHat Linux
- Experience administering web mapping services with ArcGIS Server and/or MapServer
- Understanding of geographic data sources, geo-referencing approaches and complex GIS data structures
- Public presentation skills to a wide audience of diverse professional, technical and management personnel
- Excellent communication and human relationship skills
Apply online at link included using job code #19431