Wind Lake Solutions
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Wind Lake Solutions, Inc., (WLS) a leading GIS data and consulting company, is seeking several energetic individuals who are looking for an opportunity to advance their GIS career. The positions will include project production activities for various electric and gas utility GIS projects. A successful candidate must have the ability to analyze utility maps, sketches and tabular data to complete placement and entry of utility graphics and database attribution within a utility GIS. Depending upon applicant’s qualifications, responsibilities may also include specification and technical analysis, workflow and procedure development and documentation, and project management activities. Certain assignments will include working directly with utility customers. Some travel opportunities may be available.
This individual will perform a variety of tasks relating to the analysis, development, enhancement and maintenance of GIS data for utility companies. Certain assignments will include working directly with utility customers and may involve periodic travel opportunities. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Analyzing utility maps, sketches and tabular data to complete placement or update of utility graphics and database attribution.
- Performing GIS data review and quality control functions for data work completed by peers at WLS or by other organizations.
- Working independently and in collaboration with company and customer peers in the development of data and process specifications.
- Working with peers to develop strategies to support the organization’s objectives.
- Two or more years experience working with GIS systems.
- Bachelor Degree in Geography or Computer Science is desirable.
- Work experience may be substituted for education.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a professional office environment.
- Experience using MS Office products– MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Access.
- Utility mapping experience a plus.
- Experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS, or Schneider’s ArcFM systems are desirable.
Wind Lake Solutions would also welcome applications from recent GIS Program graduates wishing to grow into this position.
To be considered for this position, email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit hard copy information to:
Human Resources Department
Wind Lake Solutions, Inc.
400 Bay View Road, Suite A
Mukwonago, WI 53149