Neenah Community Development & Assessment Department
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The City of Neenah provides a laid back and fun environment where you are able to contribute to your community. We are currently seeking qualified applicants for a limited term, paid internship position to work in the Department of Community Development & Assessment. Please note a cover letter and resume is required for this position.
Period of Employment
Early March 2018 to August 2018.
As a Community Development Intern, you will be responsible for performing a variety of day-to-day planning and zoning administration tasks. This includes working on projects related to the various facets of the department including planning and zoning, economic development, GIS, downtown Business Improvement District, property assessment, building inspections, and general administrative work. You will have the opportunity to:
- Conduct research and analysis on various development codes and policies
- Assist with reviews of planning cases for Plan Commission
- Prepare public information/educational materials
- Update GIS map layers
- Assist with marketing and business attraction efforts
- Assist with various administrative tasks.
- Assemble and analyze data or maps for planning projects
- A high school degree
- Be currently enrolled in, or have graduated from a post-secondary school, an urban/land use planning, public administration, architecture, economics, or closely related program.
- Basic knowledge of principles and practices related to local government planning and zoning, economics, sociology and community organization as applied to urban planning;
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, and research and statistical analysis skills;
- An independent work ethic is essential, as is an ability to work in a team setting;
- Ability to utilize MS Office suite including Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Knowledge and experience with ArcMap
Apply online at link included