Landform Professional Services
Landform is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm based in Minneapolis. We offer a full range of site design, planning and civil engineering services backed with over 20 years as an organization. Our professional resources include landscape architects, planners, civil engineers, land surveyors and development managers. We are committed to client service, design quality, principles of sustainability and an innovative approach to site design. We are looking for a Crew Chief to join our Survey Department. The responsibilities of a Crew Chief will encompass a full range of field services for major projects and clients.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- 3-5 years of experience
- valid drivers license
- proficiency with Trimble equipment and software, field data collection for all types of surveyand construction staking
- experience with reading and working with survey drawings (topographic, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, and boundary drawings) and construction plans (civil, architectural, and structural).
- Knowledge of working with a variety of survey equipment such as levels, data collectors, total stations and static/RTK GPS.
The candidate must also have the ability to work in physically demanding situations which require
carrying equipment, standing for long periods of time, walking long distances and working in adverse
weather conditions. Good communication skills are a must.
- Coordinate, lead and manage a field crew to complete all surveying activities for projects in the field by providing direction and leadership.
- Demonstrate safety, cost control, efficiency and professionalism.
- Maintain and demonstrate exceptional internal and external client relations and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams.
- Will require travel within Minnesota and surrounding states.
- Locate, identify and record the necessary survey data needed to complete boundary and topographic surveys.
- Compile accurate notes, records and sketches to describe work performed; organize and manage survey project data, prepare legible and accurate cut sheets in a timely manner with a strong attention to detail.
- Transmit survey data to the proper files on the computer network, which includes sending data to the office from remote locations on a daily basis and be able to acquire the data for field use when necessary.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines as well as balance multiple projects.
- Maintain inventory and quality care of field supplies, equipment and technology.
- Perform the tasks of crew member when necessary.
- Willingness to work adverse weather conditions
- Frequently lifts or moves objects up to 100 pounds
Please send resume to:
Contact: Michelle Chapman
Company Address: 105 South 5th Avenue Ste. 513 Minneapolis, MN 55401