Location: Madison, WI
Type: Full Time
Deadline to Apply: Open - no deadline given by employer
More Information: MG&E Job Posting
Madison Gas and Electric Company is looking for a professional Surveyor to join our growing Gas Systems Engineering team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages and runs survey field equipment including GPS.
- Compiles information of horizontal and vertical control for utility equipment.
- Works closely with Gas and Electric Engineering designers in preparing jobs.
- Performs route staking boundary determinations.
- Researches land records, survey records, and land titles.
- Performs survey calculations for easements, mapping, construction, and as-built.
- Researches survey data control and historical map information.
- Prepares easement exhibits and maps using computer-aided drafting software.
- Prepares easement documents including legal descriptions.
- Works with deeds, leases, and other legal documents.
- Provides expert testimony in court regarding survey work.
- Performs tasks which involve working with Government agencies in the creation of various rights-of-way documents.
- Manages consultants as necessary.
- Must become a notary.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree or higher in land surveying, GIS, engineering, or similar.
- Professional/Registered Land Surveyor (State of Wisconsin certification).
- Five years of experience in surveying.
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong physical stamina.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical skills. Must be familiar with the latest surveying technologies.
- Good time-management skills.
- A valid driver’s license with good driving record.
Apply online at link included