Applied Ecological Services
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Applied Ecological Services, Inc., a leader in innovative ecological solutions to land use restoration, design and planning, has an immediate opening for a Geospatial Services Manager. This position will be based out of our office near Madison, WI (Brodhead, WI) or out of our Greater Chicago office (West Dundee, IL).
Responsible for providing leadership for the operations of the Geospatial Department at AES. The Geospatial Department includes Remote Sensing, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Technical Field/Instrumentation specialists. This is a senior leadership role at AES and includes technical expertise; project management, business development, and personnel management responsibilities in support of the company vision, mission and goals.
Skills & Abilities:
- Expertise in GIS applications using ArcGIS Software (ArcGIS 10.x, Spatial Analyst, 3d Analyst, Model Builder, and Geoprocessing functions).
- Expertise in Remote Sensing applications using aerial and satellite data in ERDAS Imagine, ENVI, eCognition and/or other image analysis and processing software.
- Experience with database development, model builder and integration of VB with Access and GIS.
- Applied experience evaluating and mapping vegetation and ecological features, characteristics and trends.
- Project management experience
Education and Experience:
MS degree in a geography, mapping and/or GIS discipline with six to ten years of proven project management and business development experience in a related field and four years management experience including financial, human resources, operational, sales and marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply online at link included