Winnebago County Illinois
Summary of Responsibilities
Under general supervision, is responsible for maintaining and editing the Winnebago County GIS Parcel Database map along with analyzing and writing tax legal descriptions for division of property.
Illustrative Examples of Work
- Review all new subdivisions, condos, break deeds, road vacations, right-of-ways and any other mapping related documents by checking ownership, taxes and legal descriptions in preparation of creating new Change Records.
- Resolve discrepancies with owners and/or legal descriptions on an as needed basis and, when necessary, contact attorneys, title companies and surveyors.
- Prepare detailed documentation on pending matters for efficient and effective reference at a later date for resolution of problem issues.
- Assist in resolving any errors within the County Mapping features dataset.
- Edit Winnebago County GIS Parcel Database map based on new parcel divisions.
- Create new tax legals.
- Prepare new Change Records for entering all pertinent information into computer system (DEVNET) including new tax legals and PINS.
- Enter all new information into Devnet.
- Verify accuracy of all editing within the County Mapping features dataset.
- Verify accuracy of all Change Records and entry information (as it relates to mapping) within Devnet.
- Maintain records of all revisions.
- Maintain new revisions in Control Books.
- Create and distribute all copies of revisions to Supervisor of Assessments, Township Assessors, Recorder’s Office and Data Entry.
- Assist public as necessary.
- Create maps for special projects on as needed basis using current parcel data features.
- Digitize other geographical information system (GIS) overlays as assigned or directed.
- Perform geographical information system (GIS) query and analysis as assigned or directed.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Perform all duties in accordance with County and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Perform all job functions with the appropriate level of professionalism and decorum.
- Regular attendance is required; overtime as deeded/scheduled.
Education and Experience
- Requires a four year degree in Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Civil Engineering, Planning or related field or equivalent experience; at least two (2) years working with mapping concepts, principles and methods of cartography practices; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have working knowledge of mapping concepts and principles and methods of cartography practices in a GIS environment.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be proficient in ESRI Software including ArcView and ArcMap editing tools.
- Requires the ability to work without direct supervision and in a team environment.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with all levels of staff, vendors, and constituents.
- Requires ability to compile and create analytical reporting.
- Must be well organized, accurate, and attentive to details.