Westwood Professional Services
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Type: Full Time
Deadline to Apply: Open - no deadline given by employer
More Information: Westwood Online Posting
- Responsible for assisting the Crew Chief in the operation of a field survey crew.
- The major objectives are the quality (accuracy, thoroughness, meeting regulatory requirements, public relations) of work, safety, and maintenance of equipment.
- Must operate equipment, maintain safe work environment, protect and maintain the equipment and vehicles, accurately and efficiently collect field data and locate features.
- Record accurate and clear surveying notes
- Accurately record data points with data collector
- Set wooden stakes and iron rods, cut and clear brush, trees, etc.
- Adhere to the company’s Safety, Quality Management and Equipment Maintenance policies
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One (1) to Three (3) years of progressive experience in land survey field operations and proficiency with land survey equipment (total stations) and GPS is required.
- Good technical skills; process oriented behavioral traits including being steady, helpful, analytical, a problem solver, likes work alone when required, methodical, consistent, detail oriented, precise, likes structure.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Comfortable working at heights and on water bodies as required.
- OSHA 10 and CPR/First Aid or ability and willingness to acquire it
- Personnel are often asked to work certain project tasks unaccompanied
- Must be able to operate with a high degree of independence.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Team player, a “go getter,” and having a positive attitude are a MUST
- Ability to travel and remain on a project site for 3-4 weeks at a time (must have the capability of self-funding the total amount of expenses until reimbursement can be disbursed) An Associate’s Degree in Surveying, Engineering Technology, or related area of study Residential or Commercial development and construction project experience is a plus
- Any experience using Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center and Excel Spreadsheet is a plus
- Wind energy, solar energy, or related power generation project experience is a plus
- Experience using Trimble instruments and software are advantageous
Apply online at link included