UW Transportation Services
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
UW Transportation Services provides innovative transportation solutions that serve and support the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Our objective is to sustain and strengthen our programs while amplifying customer service, accelerating multimodal transportation initiatives, and using advanced technology to stay on the cutting edge of the state of transportation practice.
We are seeking a student to do data collection and GIS mapping for various projects in the department including, but not limited to, a campus-wide pavement marking and sign plan and an inventory of bicycle parking racks.
- Create GIS maps
- Collect data for inclusion in GIS maps (may require work outdoors)
- Update and maintain data in GIS maps
- Existing proficiency in ArcGIS products
- Good communication skills
- Ability to listen and follow directions
- Professional and friendly attitude
- Willingness to work outdoors as needed
- Proficiency in AutoCAD LT (Preferred)
To be considered for the positions please email a letter of interest AND a resume to the email address below. The letter should include the dates you are available to begin work, how many hours you would like to work per week, your qualifications, whether you currently have or expect to begin other student jobs at UW, and why you are interested in the position.
Email the above materials to Dar Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org