City of Milwaukee
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Type: Full Time
Deadline to Apply: 07/16/2018
Payrate: $48,670 - $67,616/yr
More Information: City of Milwaukee Job Posting
The DPW Business Operations Analyst oversees the planning, implementation, monitoring, product evaluation, and overall management of production technologies including RouteSmart Technologies software, wireless work order systems, Environmental System Research Institute (ESRI) geographic information systems (GIS), ESRI Workforce systems, and Global Positioning Systems (GPS).
- Update and maintain ESRI GIS maps, ERSI Workforce system and RouteSmart Technologies software.
- Research and implement new GIS software and procedures as necessary to improve access, reliability and to stay current regarding industry trends.
- Conduct conversions, upgrades, software integration, hardware development, training and updates as it relates to maps, routes and wireless work order systems in order to provide efficient, real-time data streams for users to meet mission critical goals.
- Consult with ITMD for consistent application of computer software, file transfers, and to ensure compliance with established computer security guidelines.
- Coordinate Direct Internet Message Encapsulation (DIME) files between ITMD and DPW Operations.
- Develop, research, test, and implement new updated software, web-based applications and production technology programs.
- Manage the implementation of systems in collaboration with ITMD and the end-user division sections including Sanitation, Forestry, Fleet, and Parking.
- Evaluate DPW division data system needs and provide available products analysis in order to meet division needs and to solve work process issues.
- Collaborate with ITMD, vendors, and users throughout the process of research, training and implementation of projects.
- Coordinate with the Fleet Communications section in order to implement wireless and/or cellular communication networks.
- Research automatic vehicle locating (AVL), GIS and GPS modules for future integration with ESRI.
- Provide a global approach to team management in order to accomplish program goals.
- Manage, maintain and update the enterprise software and work order database systems.
- Provide data maintenance, updates, and reconfigurations of hand held computers and tablets in order to maintain efficient function.
- Develop, document, and maintain step by step procedures for new and existing production technology systems as they relate to all users; update as needed to stay current and relevant to users and customers. Provide staff training, support, and troubleshoot problems.
- Coordinate the timely collection of statistical data and record project activities in order to create project databases, spreadsheets, and documents. Provide requested information to department leadership for Accountability in Management meetings and annual reports.
- Coordinate information systems, facilitate networking of information with other DPW divisions, compile data and report information to the Director of Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer technology, geographic science, GIS mapping technology or a closely related field.
- Two years of experience working with ESRI GIS, ESRI Workforce and GPS software applications in a professional setting.
- Valid driver’s license at time of appointment and throughout employment.
- Knowledge of GIS, automated mapping, and geography principles and practices.
- Knowledge of GIS theory and application.
- Expertise in the use of ESRI GIS and Workforce software.
- Ability to capably perform various mapping/data assignments.
- Ability to develop systematic solutions for operational problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues to ensure consistent functionality.
- Ability to stay abreast of best practices in GIS, automated mapping and production technology through on-going continuing education activities.
- Skill in using standard computer applications such as the Internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database.
- Ability to read and interpret technical work-related documents and policies.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Oral and written communication skills, including the ability to produce correspondence and reports.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information in an understandable way for both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to provide training and clearly explain complex GIS and other production technology processes and concepts to non-technical users.
- Ability to provide thorough and accurate documentation and reporting of work processes.
- Ability to work as part of a synergistic professional team and carry out routine assignments without detailed supervision.
- Interpersonal and customer service skills, including the ability to build and maintain good working relationships with a multi-disciplinary/multi-cultural staff, management and other agencies.
- Leadership, time management and organizational skills and the ability to provide direction to staff to meet varying project deadlines and ensure completion of projects.
- Initiative, honesty and integrity.
Apply online at link included