This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
As a GIS Technician with Stantec you will provide technical support which includes mapping applications, spatial analysis, and map production; as well as provide support for assigned projects.
- Creating maps and performing a wide range of geospatial analyses in support of environmental permitting, environmental field surveys, and construction compliance for a variety of power-related projects, including, but not limited to, high voltage transmission lines, wind and solar energy facilities, thermal generation plants and utility gas transmission and distribution.
- Adhering to established cartographic standards and Quality Assurance / Quality Control processes.
- Managing a wide variety of project-specific and reference geospatial data in accordance with defined data management standards.
- Occasionally supporting geospatial field data collection efforts. Typical collected features include wetlands, waterways and rare, threatened or endangered species occurrences or habitats.
- Collaborating with existing GIS staff members working in other Upper Midwest Stantec offices.
- Bachelors’ degree in environmental science or related field with demonstrated GIS training or coursework. Minimum of 1 year of experience providing GIS services in support of environmental permitting projects.
- Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
- Significant experience working with Esri ArcGIS, preferably in a virtualized environment (e.g. Citrix)
- Familiarity with SDE databases and workflows, ArcGIS Online, Collector for ArcGIS, Survey 1-2-3 for ArcGIS, Trimble Pathfinder Office and Trimble TerraSync is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to meet project deadlines and understand how assigned tasks relate to project goals.
- Ability to maintain and establish effective working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to perform work accurately in a detail oriented environment.
- Ability to occasionally travel overnight to support field data collection with a variety of GPS units.
- Exceptional visual, written and verbal communication skills, problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Must have a good driving record and valid Driver’s License.
Apply online at link included