The Waukesha County Parks and Land Use Planning and Zoning Division is hiring a full-time Land Use Specialist. The position utilizes GIS to produce maps and reviews and processes various zoning and site plan applications and prepares written staff reports for these and other planning and zoning matters. Position will also be responsible for some code enforcement.
- Provides technical information and other assistance to state and local officials and the public concerning zoning ordinances, land division laws, land use planning, permit and appeal processes, and other related land use regulations.
- Reviews, researches, and approves zoning, conditional use, and business plan of operation permits and variance applications and determines conformance with the County zoning ordinances.
- Maintains and creates GIS mapping layers and maps.
- Investigates possible violations of zoning codes; determines compliance, notifies owner and, where necessary, recommends corrective action and sets deadlines.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in planning, architecture, engineering, landscape architecture, geography, or closely related field.
Applications may be filed online at: http://www.waukeshacounty.gov/employment/default.asp