City of Milwaukee
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Type: Full Time
Deadline to Apply: 07/24/2018
Payrate: $70,827- $99,154/yr
More Information: City of Milwaukee Job Posting
Under the direction of the Systems Integration Manager, the GIS Developer-Project Leader leads work within the GIS team to provide mapping and data services to all City of Milwaukee departments. The GIS Developer-Project Leader is responsible for Map Milwaukee development and support.
- Creates project plans to manage assigned projects within the GIS group; responsible for project completion (on time, within budget) and for managing resources assigned to project.
- Leads development of applications and services for the ArcGIS Server environment and ArcGIS Online using GeoCortex and ESRI App Builder.
- Coordinates and manages resource allocation.
- Plans and organizes GIS projects from their inception to completion.
- Administers and maintains Enterprise ArcGIS Server environment.
- Assists departments with implementation of ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Server applications and projects.
- Works closely with customers, following up on issues and concerns. Coordinates maintenance of Map Milwaukee, including troubleshooting problems, assisting users, and responding to questions from users.
- Documents procedures, best practices, training materials to further enhance the ongoing operations of the systems.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in programming, geography, land engineering, automated mapping, or GIS from an accredited college or university.
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in a GIS developer role, one year of which must have been at the GIS Develop-Senior level, or comparable.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may also be considered.
- A related master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- GIS Developer experience related to the ArcGIS Server environment and ArcGIS Online.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of automated mapping/GIS principles and practices, geographic information system theory and application, and computer programming and development.
- Knowledge of ESRI Server development.
- Ability to write complex algorithms and to perform a variety of difficult mapping/ data assignments.
- Knowledge of mathematics, geometry, and logic used in computer programming and spatial information systems.
- Ability to resolve complex technical problems and estimate resource requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret complex technical documentation, policies and procedures, and periodicals.
- Ability to use sophisticated programs to produce charts, maps, and reports for presentation.
- Leadership ability and the ability to foster teamwork, foster collaborative environments, train and inspire others.
- Ability to design a GIS project, set timelines for each team member, and delegate tasks.
- Skill in oral and written communication to assure accuracy of information conveyed and to be able to explain technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and fairly with coworkers and patrons whose backgrounds may differ from one’s own.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure while handling multiple tasks.
- Critical thinking skills, including analytical and problem-solving abilities as well as sound judgment.
- Initiative, honesty, and integrity.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A commitment to professional development in the GIS field.
Apply online at link included