This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The GIS/Cartographer position is responsible for the manipulation of digital geographic data in support of spatial database and cartographer production tasks. Responsibilities include editing data in a geographic information systems (GIS) environment in ArcServer, geodatabase and shapefile environments; manipulation and merging of digital files, creation of output files ready for cartographic production, and map layout and design. The position requires collaboration with other teams (research, sales, and project management), contractors, business partners and customers. Additional skills needed include ability to interpret and follow GIS/cartographic procedures and follow a QA/QC process.
- Manage GIS-based projects
- GIS data creation, editing and manipulation
- Perform GIS data collection and implement the data into a central database
- Cartographic manipulation and production. Determine map content and layout, as well as production specifications such as scale, size, projection, and colors, and direct production to ensure that specifications are followed
- Checking and appraising the content and accuracy of maps and printing proofs
- Providing graphic design assistance
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography or related field
- 5+ years of experience working with Geographic Information Systems or equivalent work or training experience
- Demonstrated experience with ESRI ArcGIS 10.X product suite including ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox, ArcServer Spatial Analyst extension, and 3D Analyst
- Working knowledge of digital cartography and geospatial production techniques
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access)
- Established experience using Adobe Illustrator and InDesign in producing cartographic products (maps) is strongly desired
- Working knowledge of Python coding.
- Experience with fishing industry a plus
Apply online at link included