This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
We are currently looking to add a full time Surveyor or Survey Technician in our Marshfield office. This person will complete field and office survey related duties accurately and on time for internal and external clients. We offer project exposure to a variety of municipal, DOT and private projects. This is a great opportunity to work on project from beginning to end including project management. Our clients are usually 90 miles or less from the office allowing you to spend nights at home, as well as having a positive impact on your local communities.
- Gather field data necessary for: boundary retracement, platting land divisions, topographic mapping, cross sections, horizontal and vertical control, right of way location, and utility locations to be used in preparation of survey maps, and engineering plans/specifications. Duties will be specifically related to municipal and transportation street and utility projects.
- Construction staking for municipal and private site, street and utility projects.
- Bridge and hydraulic surveys of river and stream channels.
- Topographic surveys of state and county highways including drainage and safety features along them (beam guard, culverts, etc.).
- Assist with right-of-way and transportation project plats (TPP’s).
- Perform project management functions including; estimating, scoping, research, scheduling, quality control, filing and organizing projects.
- Perform office functions including: data reduction/computations, digital terrain modeling/surface creation, survey map preparation, quality control, and communication.
- Assist in municipal plan preparation and construction observation.
- Communicate clearly with: clients, coworkers, peers and public.
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in surveying, civil engineering technology, or related degree preferred
- A valid driver’s license is required
- A minimum of 2 years of survey experience required, 5 or more years of experience is preferred.
- Professional Land Surveyor or Certified Survey Technician is preferred but not required
- Previous experience with utilities, railroads, and WisDOT would be a plus
- Previous experience with Auto Cad, Civil 3D, or Trimble Business Center Basic is a plus
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills
Apply online at link included