UW Madison Facilities Planning & Management
This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
This position is responsible for the utilities mapping documents (utility plants and distribution systems), upkeep thereof, and related support for the entire staff of engineers and utilities staff in the University of Wisconsin Madison, Physical Plant. Primary responsibilities include:
- Receive documentation of changes to the UW Madison utilities system from outside designers and ensure they are incorporated into the UW master set of utilities maps;
- Produce and direct the production of drawings for projects prepared from engineering and utilities staff markups and redlines;
- Oversee the installation and upkeep of all tools and software as it pertains to the utilities mapping efforts;
- Work with the engineers and utilities staff to develop and publish utilities mapping standards as well as procedural protocols for maintaining the base plans and electronic drawing archive files utilized by the department;
- Assess the existing GIS software capabilities and expand them to become the new standard for utilities documentation;
- Maintain and expand knowledge in CADD and GIS applications through professional development opportunities.
The University of Wisconsin Madison, Physical Plant is committed to the highest standard of customer relations principles for its customers, fellow staff members, students, and visitors. Staff will serve as role models by practicing exemplary behaviors when working with customers and fellow staff members.
- An Associate’s Degree is perferred or two-years of relevant professional work experience in electronic drafting (AutoCAD) will equal one year of applicable higher education level requirement.
- A minimum of 3-6 years related professional advanced experience in CADD software (AutoCAD), and GIS concepts, practices, and procedures. Knowledge of laser scanning and 3D imaging systems. Prefix is dependent on relevant work experience.
- Advanced skills in CAD software (AutoCAD) are necessary.
- Proficient in GIS concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of laser scanning and 3D imaging systems.
- Excellent time management, planning and delegation skills.
Apply online at link included