MSA Professional Services
We are currently looking to add a full time Survey Technician in our St Paul or Duluth office. This person will complete field and office survey related duties accurately and on time for internal and external clients. We offer project exposure to a variety of municipal, DOT and private projects.
- Gather field data necessary for: boundary retracement, platting land divisions, topographic mapping, cross sections, horizontal and vertical control, right of way location, and utility locations to be used in preparation of survey maps, and engineering plans. Duties will specifically include but not be limited to municipal and transportation street and utility projects.
- Construction staking for municipal and private site, street and utility projects.
- Bridge and hydraulic surveys of river and stream channels.
- Topographic surveys of state and county highways including drainage and safety features along them.
- Assist with CAD drafting. (Autodesk products)
- Must be able to work alone once given direction
- Perform office functions including: data reduction/computations, digital terrain modeling/surface creation, survey map preparation, quality control, and communication.
- Assist in municipal plan preparation and construction observation.
- Communicate clearly with: clients, coworkers, peers and public.
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in surveying, civil engineering technology, or related degree preferred
- A valid driver’s license is required
- A minimum of 2 years of survey experience required
- Certified Survey Technician is preferred but not required
- Previous experience with utilities and railroads would be a plus
- Previous experience with Auto Cad, Civil 3D, or Trimble Business Center Basic is a plus
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills
Apply online at link included