This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
As a Cadastral Manager, you will be the person who provides leadership to a high performing GIS and Land Surveying team. That team is responsible for creating and maintaining the 420,000 tax parcels that drive decision making within Hennepin County and throughout the region. The team also performs direct customer service, completes mapping requests, and creates other spatial geometries that are critical to Hennepin County. This job is a match for you if you are customer-focused, solution-oriented, and have a strong affinity for accuracy.
- Understand and articulate our Division’s value by demonstrating GIS and land surveying knowledge and its relevance to our customers and Hennepin County residents.
- Provide leadership by aligning capabilities of team members with the needs of the Survey Division, Resident and Real Estate Services, and customers. Coordinate and facilitate regular and recurring training sessions. Continuously innovate around evolving technology and work processes.
- Be an expert by assisting peers with the development of complex projects, processes, and tools to optimize the creation, use, and distribution of spatial data and land survey related maps. Advise residents and customers with respect to GIS and Land Surveying.
- Deliver results by establishing time-driven, team-oriented goals that are attainable and realistic with clear indicators to successfully deliver projects. Determine solutions and resolve issues.
- Collaborate for success by serving as the division’s liaison to the GIS data base manager for the SQL database comprised of features and tables that support the department’s information needs. Manage the integration of data management with department systems. Serve as the Survey Division representative for internal and external work groups and committees.
You must have one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration or a related area AND five years or more of experience related to GIS and/or land surveying.
- Associate’s degree or higher in business administration or a related area AND seven years or more of experience related to GIS and/or land surveying.
- Nine years or more of experience related to GIS and/or land surveying.
- Leading a team, three or more years
- With ArcGIS software
- GIS data creation/management
- Managing ArcGIS geodatabases
- Using computer aided drafting software (AutoCAD, Microstation, Microsurvey)
- Credentialed in Land Surveying or GIS
Apply online at link included