This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
At Barr Engineering Co., we strive to be the premier firm in our market. If you are looking for an employee-owned company that fosters a collaborative environment where you are surrounded by intelligent colleagues with an emphasis on client service, the ability to work on challenging projects, and a place where our employee’s safety is a top priority, Barr is the place for you. We offer both mentor and coaching programs that give our employees the ability to help further develop and grow their careers, along with the opportunity for volunteering and community involvement. We also offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package.
Typical project assignments include: creating and editing data, creating metadata, creating and editing figures for internal and external use, GIS-based data analysis, and GIS data management. Please submit your resume, cover letter, transcripts and GIS map examples (if available).
- Student pursuing a degree in GIS, geography, environmental studies or related field with a demonstrated interest in GIS
- Knowledge of and experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS 10.x Suite
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel for data manipulation purposes)
- GPA of 3.2 minimum but 3.5 or higher preferred
- Strong mathematical and computer skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with project team members, and clients
- At least one full-time semester of undergraduate or graduate course work remaining after internship
- A flexible working style and the ability to work independently and with teams of specialists to meet client and project needs
- Detail oriented, thorough, and well organized
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Acceptable driving record
Apply online at link included